5/17/12

Parenting 101

Being a parent has been an incredible experience for me.  I have absolutely had plenty of ups and downs and I've noticed that for the first few years, I focused more on the downs then the ups.  Over the last year or two, I've started to really come into my own; I love our son, and have realized just how much while dealing with all the infertility mumbo-jumbo.

Kyson has taught me unconditional love, patience, kindness, service, generosity, and to let go of the small stuff.  I have also learned that Erik and I come from different worlds and have learned to compromise and listen to his side, his story and his way of seeing the world.

I have learned that I am far from the perfect mother that I thought I would be!!!  I also have found that I don't follow through with things like 'no french fries till he's 3' or 'no television, ever'!  I don't bake bread daily or exercise for three hours a day like some of my friends, and that's ok!  I've learned to give in to sweet grandmas who want to love and give and enjoy their grandchildren till they crash from exhaustion!  I have heard the phrases "I'll give you something to cry about!" and "What part of NO do you not understand!?" come out of my mouth and think Oh my heavens!  I'm my mom!!!  

Nothing makes me happier then seeing Kyson happily succeed at school, win awards, do fantastic at baseball and accomplish greatness; I cry every time!  Nothing makes me happier then sweet kisses and "I love you mama" as I tuck him in at night.  And NOTHING has been more beautiful then talking about different family-sizes with him last week and having him say "But WE love our family just the way it is!"  Yes, my sweetness, we do :)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment