2/1/12

Real Quick Like

Thanks Karissa for doing this. I think it’s a great idea. It’s kind of a cross between emailing and calling. I’m willing to give it a try.


Our Christmas was uneventful as far as our Christmases go. The usual nonstop insanity that comes with Cameron being in the bishopric and I in the YWs presidency. Throw in some Secret Santa-ing, cookies for the neighbors, Christmas preparations and a parakeet in a cast, well that should give you a taste of what our Christmas involved.


We had Christmas Day dinner at my brother Mike’s, he built an out of this world huge tree fort for his kids. I mean we all could have had Christmas dinner up there. The boys loved it. We had a relaxing afternoon with lots of good food, family and fun including a White Elephant exchange. What a hoot! Squirrel underwear and all.


We did 12 Peoples of Christmas. Where we picked 12 people/families to reach out to leading up to Christmas. Not that we didn’t already have enough to do, but we wanted to do something as a family. I think we’ll try it again next year too.


To match your music note Karissa, the boys have been into Weird Al Yankovic, Taio Cruz, Michael Jackson (in light of Weird Al), oh and a bunch of others I can’t think of. Cameron made a couple mixes of their favorite dance tunes and we get the strobe light out every so often and dance it up.


They are all taking piano lessons and doing really well. Hudson just memorized Yankee Doodle and is learning “I’ve Gotta a Feeling” he's so proud. Edison is learning some of Cameron’s compositions. Everest and Isaac know some Taio Cruz. They all know a bit of Journey.... It’s soooooooooooooo good to have music in the house.


Well that was more time than I should’ve taken. But there you have it. I’m off to the races!

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I'd forgotten - mine are totally into Weird Al too!! Their favorite one of all is the "eBay" one. Emmett sings about pretty much everything "on eBay" !
    KMN

    ReplyDelete