2/20/12

An Amazing 40 Years!

So, we celebrated a bit Sunday evening with Mom and Dad. Their 40th anniversary was Saturday, and we all were stinkin' impressed. In fact, I even got them a sappy card, instead of a funny one, because I figured 40 years deserved some major sap!

So, I asked them to give us some nuggets o' wisdom from their long and arduous :) journey of married life. Here's what I got:

Mom: "The most important thing to remember is that the marriage and the family are more important than the desires of one individual."

Dad, in his usual low rumble, with a sigh: "Just hang in there."

These 2 are my heroes because they have not had an easy married life, but they have been committed to each other, even when they wanted to "commit" each other (Mom maybe wanted that part more than Dad....)

They have shown quiet courage throughout many trials, they have been quietly supportive of each other, even in the really hard times. Plus, they have brought us some pretty dang good times, and tons of times with lots of laughter.

So, here's to many good years for all of us, too!!!!

-Karissa

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the parents!!! And Kraig's answer made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete