6/9/12

From San Antonio ~

Hi there!  I wanted to start by making sure each of you has our new blog address.  I just started it but thought it was a little more personable then FB.  The address is www.samolls.blogspot.com

Hmmm, favorite summer vacation.

The most favorite one I remember from being little is my family would head to Fallen Leaf Lake.  I was little; it was before we moved to Antioch.  I remember a really big rock out in the lake, seemed forever far away, and every day it was my goal to get to the rock.  In reality, it probably wasn't that far but I guess I've always had swimmer buried deep inside :)
As an older person, my parents took us all to NY, DC, NJ, MD, DE, PA before Bryce left on his mission.  It was awesome.  We had so much fun and in a short week, I fell in love with the east coast!  I love the business and craziness and hustle and bustle.  It was fun to experience DC and to understand what we were seeing, the Smithsonians were incredible.  And of course, the yummy food - a real NY-style bagel (more cream cheese then bagel) and a guy in DC sold my dad a watermelon...he cut in quarters, long-way.  He gave each of us one and then asked my dad for money.  Sneaky.  It was delicious.  We were there for the 4th of July and to see the fireworks from the Capitol was an amazing experience - over a million people were on "The Mall".  It was great!

Now as a married person, Erik and I have SO many dreams of travel:  DisneyWorld, Europe, the beach, the Virgin Islands and so much more!!!  Our first possibility will be DisneyWorld so be ready, Cameron and Suzanne!  :)

1 comment:

  1. We should plan our trip to FL at the same time! I bet Suzanne and Cameron would just LOVE that:)

    ReplyDelete