4/21/12

Funny Uncles

Okay, so I never really was into the April Fools thing, and I never really liked the whole Easter Bunny idea. Santa I could do - but the Easter Bunny, no.
But as a kid I loved our Easter Egg hunts. We'd always get together with our cousins, and everyone would be there. Then the Dads and Uncles would go out and hide all the eggs.
Looking back on it now, I can see how much fun those guys had. As a kid, I just enjoyed doing the hunt, because they always were so creative in their hiding. But seeing them in my memory now, I can see how their eyes twinkled, and the small smiles of mischief in waiting to see if we could find their treasures.
Our Dads and Uncles, especially as we got older, really, really enjoyed hiding the eggs. They'd come up with some pretty clever spots, and try to camouflage them really well.
That's the great thing about an Easter Egg hunt. It feeds into the hider's enjoyment of being tricky. But they want you to find their treasures because it shows their cleverness. And the lookers enjoy the hunt, enjoy the journey of being the "smart" one to find the tricky ones.
In fact, I remember that many years, we'd all run out, find the eggs, then dump the candy in our baskets and beg the Dads and Uncles to hide the empty eggs again, just so we could find them again. And they usually complied, sometimes even hiding the empty eggs 2 or 3 times more.
Now, as an adult, I too enjoy hiding eggs, and I actually look forward to when my kids are a bit older, so I can get creative and clever. It's neat to have traditions that are so fun for both sides.
Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment